- 5,000-pound strength anywhere a single 3/8-inch bolt is handy. Of course, a good backing is required.
- 316 stainless steel.
- Cheap. About $2.95. (others brands may be 304 or other grades, some of which have been known to fail in marine environments.)
- Designed for clipping carabiners, they easily accommodate 2 carabiners.
- Obvious purpose avoids confusion over acceptable strong points. Strength rating and certifications are stamped on hanger.
Countless potential uses. A few of mine....
- Add an extra block to a sail track.
- Add an anchor point at the stern for diverting mooring lines or attaching a dingy.
- Tether anchors. Don't tie rope or webbing directly; though polished to eliminate sharp corners, the radius is really too short for acceptable strength.
- Anchors to secure bicycles.