This exposed solenoid always bothered me. Non-AYBC compliant, non-USCG compliant, and a short looking to happen, the backside of this anchor windlass breaker has high-amperage exposed terminals.
I fabricated this simple cover from 0.09-inch FRP (the same materials I used for the window covers. Cut by score-and -snap, trim with disk sander, fillet corners with Epoxy + colloidal silica, finish with orbital sander and paint. In stead of screws (holes would show), attach with 3M Dual Lock.
The finished product looks factory. I think I will be using a lot of Dual Lock during the AC installation.
I fabricated a
- Introduction to Sail Delmarva
- Site Map
- Anti-Chafe Gear
- Marine Winterizing Primer
- Diesel and Biocides
- Man-Overboard Recovery and Climbing Gear
- Silica Gel Vent Filters to Keep Gasoline and Diesel Dry
- Solar Panels
- Holding Tank Odors vs. Carbon Vent Filters
- My Other Blog (Chesapeake Gunkholing and Kayaks)
- The Purpose of Work
- The Book Store
- Book Questions and Comments
- Practical Sailor Magazine
- PDQ 32/34 Shoal Survivor--Under Contract