Friday, May 24, 2013

Wear and Tear

Time. We do the maintenance, build new, and still we go backwards if we glance away too far or for too long. We wonder about others that let things go, often for want only of some paint in time or a nail the right place. We try to balance effort and reward.


Aging has its own charm, we pretend, if we look at the changes as "character" and texture, but only when carefully groomed and cultured is it valuable, different from just "falling apart."

 
Parts of me are falling apart--no doubt about that. Today I looked forward to opening my afternoon mail to a new DonJoy Playmaker knee brace--I wore the old one out--rather than something fun.

 

On the other hand, I also got my new Chesapeake Bay Magazine Cruising Guide. I'm planning a busy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment