Saturday, May 28, 2016

Cambridge, Oxford, Fishing, and the Joys of Working Part-Time

I visited Oxford once years ago for a log canoe race. It hasn't changed much, which is good. The guide book says the holding in Town Creek is poor, which I do not understand (I anchored in the wide spot across from Squeazers. I also suppose it could get crowded in season, but the cove to the east is huge for the shoal draft (lots of 4.5-6 feet).

Just a short walk over to the Strand.



I toddled over to Cambridge the next day. Some load testing, but nothing photogenic.


One the way back home the next day, a little fishing.

35 inches, 20 pounds, on a hand line with a plug. Like pulling in a tire.


A good break from, well, my break. Actually, a lot of time was spent trolling for ideas, measuring stuff, and taking detailed photos that are needed for articles but, frankly, are dull.

1 comment:

  1. Nice striper! Never had a problem with holding in Oxford. I think we anchor close to the location you described. Did you visit the Scottish Highland Creamery? Best ice cream I've ever tasted!

    ReplyDelete